Sunday, May 13, 2007

Damn, it's been a while...

...I really need to get off my butt and start posting here again, eh? (Not that I did all that much, but considering that it's been over a year...) It was long enough that I didn't realize Google had taken over, and there was much frustration every time I tried to commend in someone else's blog, only to not have my info accepted ("what do you MEAN that's not the right password?!?").

Don't really have time to post more than a quick update, but I do finally have a website: Robin the Mad Photographer. Go check it out--you can see at least some of what I've been up to over the past year or so, namely, taking lots of band pictures with my new(ish) digital camera, a Valentine's 2006 present to myself. Its purchase (and it's not even that expensive, really; it's a Sony DSC-W7) left me seriously brokeass for way too long, but considering the boost in my creative output, it was well worth the expense--one of the things (possibly the main one) that held me back from doing more 35mm photography was the cost of buying film and getting it processed, but with digital, I can hop on down to CVS and burn a picture disc for $2.99 for myself (and another one for the subjects, should I want them to have one), or upload them straight from the camera to the computer! Considering that I've gone from the 24- or 36-exposure roll, where every shot was fairly carefully composed (or as carefully composed as you can do with something like live concert photography), to just being able to blast away for 100+ shots, and the differences I've found in image quality and the way the shots turn out, well...the song may remain the same, but the pictures sure as hell don't. Anyway, go take a look, and tell me what you think, OK?

No comments: